Cultural Enrichment Programme
‘Thank Goodness it’s Wednesday’
Abbey Hill Academy Sixth Form provides an enrichment programme that students are encouraged to participate in on a Wednesday afternoon. The focus of the activities is to promote personal health and wellbeing.
The activities include:
- Relaxation and Mindfulness
- Personal Presentation – Hair and Beauty
- Making the most of leisure time - including walking, swimming and accessing community facilities such as the library, computer suites, cafes, museums etc.
- Arts and Crafts
- Workshop skills
- Mental Health Support programmes - Talk and Draw, Give us a Break, Be Yourself (BU)
- Bespoke CEIAG - Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance - work experience opportunities, careers drop in and transition onto further education and 1:1 sessions.
The students also have the option of individual self-study where they are able to study at home during this time.
Students are able to change options on a half-termly basis; this is arranged during tutor time. The activity coordinator will try to ensure that all students get their first choice of activity wherever possible.
Additional enrichment activities that are on offer throughout the academic year also include a number of after school clubs, Easter GCSE revision school, team building week, National Citizen Service NCS and further active citizen and youth social action opportunities that prepare students for life beyond school and facilitates engage with the wider communities and other cultures.
Student feedback from Cultural Enrichment
“It's the best”
“I love going swimming an a Wednesday afternoon”
“I usually get my first choice of option on a Wednesday afternoon”
“I enjoy spending time with my friends”
“I sometimes stop back in college and get help with my coursework”