Mental Health and Wellbeing
Mental Health Champions and First Aiders
Steve Cropper (Lead)
Additional Trained Staff:
How do we promote Positive Health and Wellbeing?
- Positive Mental Health Policy (2018)
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Plans – (identified students)
- Individual student Risk Assessments
- Annual Health and Wellbeing surveys (All)
- Mental Health Pathway CPD professional learning (staff)
- Referral to professional help and support (identified students)
- Promotion of student Happy reps.
- Mental Health Charter (coming April 2019)
What can school do to help?
We can put as much additional pastoral support as we can around the student – identifying trusted adults, safe space, mental wellbeing plan, regular check ins,
We can look to allocate some 1:1 in house therapy time – play, music, talk and draw
We can ask our Educational Psychologist Dr Denise McCarten to complete an assessment on your child
We can make a referral to CAMHS on your behalf, or write supporting documents to give to your GP to assist with a referral
We can refer students to Alliance (external professional counselling service) We have a long standing SLA with Alliance and currently have 3 counsellors in school each week working with students from all 3 sites
Please take a look at the recent parent information session we delivered on 22/03/2019.